Saturday, May 26, 2007

Crew cases, part one

One of my summertime projects is to modify two computer cases to bear a likeness to the Columbus Crew soccer team's home and away jerseys. I already had the black case and components so there wasn't much effort involved there. The yellow case, however, needs to be painted; transforming it from beige to yellow.

Safety first, always paint in a well-ventilated area with proper protection.

The beige case has already been wet-sanded with 600 grit sandpaper and had it's primer coat.

Here is the case after the first coat of yellow.

I've already done part of the black case. To the left of it is the guts of the yellow case.

What's left to do? I need to create a mask or stencil so I can spray paint "Columbus Crew" in Copperplate font on one of the removable drive panels. I need to find two Crew logo stickers, about an inch high, to put above that. On the other side of the logo I'd like to do the Lamar Hunt (LH) patch. I'd also like MLS logo stickers for the bottom.

No comments: