Yesterday I started work on creating a comma separated values file to import into Google for my looming smart phone purchase.
I added a fake contact, Rod Vanhugendong, and all of Rod’s contact information including work, personal, birthday, etc. I exported that contact to a .csv file so I could get column headers and know where to put data.
I put a group of contacts in, saved the file and then imported the data.
My first attempt failed because all of the data got shoved into notes, not the individual fields. I searched Google help and found little from Google but numerous posts from individuals having similar issues. There were two solutions so I tried one and that appeared to work, eventually. The solution that worked put everything into sections with column headings like Section 1-Mobile.
More on this later; I had some time to kill during lunch.